Modern Hand Reading Forum - Discover the language of your hands: palm reading & palmistry forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Your opinion & share...
Latest topics
» Handreading International Conference 2024
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2024 12:17 am by Lynn

» I am a doctor: will I have marriage and children?
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2024 11:44 am by daskell

» Can anyone read it for me?
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2024 7:59 am by amit_plawat

» Are there any signs in the hands that you are a twin flame?
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm by rajashri

» Square on Marriage line
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:25 am by pp38000

» Cross in mount Jupiter
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 2:52 pm by greatbear

» clinodactyly: top phalanges bending towards Mercury finger
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 21, 2023 1:28 pm by greatbear

» Can anybody please read this hand
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 03, 2023 6:42 pm by greatbear

» Nisha Ghai
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:43 pm by mihsaaskhan

» Absolutely non-sense career till now
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 pm by mrhandsome

» Fate Destiny Line -
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:21 pm by Stefania

» VIII - Palmistry books TOP 100 - listed by 'Amazon Sales Rank'!
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am by Magda van Dijk-Rijneke

» Stewart Culin - Palmistry in China and Japan
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 am by Stijn

» Herbert Giles - Palmistry in China
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am by Stijn

» life line forks
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am by Stijn

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 40 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 387 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:35 pm
Moderators & partners

• Discover the Modern Hand Reading Forum partners:

Would you like to see your website listed?

Modern Hand Reading Forum Partners

Pointing finger: check this out!

Statistics
We have 5933 registered users
The newest registered user is Skylines3

Our users have posted a total of 47499 messages in 4940 subjects
Top posting users this month
Lynn
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Voting17Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Voting19Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Voting18 
amit_plawat
Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Voting17Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Voting19Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Voting18 
daskell
melodystarly523405

Top posting users this week
amit_plawat
Lynn
daskell

Recommendations

• The FREE hand reading services at the Modern Hand Reading Forum are being continued in 2019 with the assistance of Google adsense!

Pointing finger: check this out!

Google+
MAJOR HAND READING SYNONYMS
Palmistry, Palm Reading, Hand Analysis, Chirology & Chiromancy.

Learn how to read hands according the Modern Hand Reading paradigm & you can use this forum as your palm reading guide!

Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012)

+6
Lynn
zaobhand
Patti
Parender
jeanette
Martijn (admin)
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Empty Re: Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012)

Post  zaobhand Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:39 pm

A friend/teacher astrologer who has published his own book says:

"Even with astrology books a person does much better to self publish. If she did find a publisher, and it is unlikely, she would make 1 - 1.50 per book and they would only publish it if she agreed to doing book tours, tours that she has to pay out of her own pocket. And that is a lot more work than doing her own marketing. She can contact me if she likes and I can talk to her more about it and maybe help her some more."

I will pm you his contact info, in case you are interested.
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Empty Re: Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012)

Post  godgivenglyphs Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:16 am

I think this discussion warrants its own topic category i.e. marketing and distribution of newly published hand reading books.... or maybe specifically of GGG Smile
Yes all my instincts tell me to self-publish outside of SA, just the same way I self-published here in SA..... its the how-to (without moolah to pay) that has me in the doldrums! But I'm working at it, in my baby step style, and in time will be vending from Amazon, somehow!
So very kind of you to forward me your friend's Amazon link info and comments.
My gratitude for your input and interest Smile
godgivenglyphs
godgivenglyphs

http://www.cheiro.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:18 am

You are most welcome. It does sound like the best way. Please do update us.
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:21 pm

godgivenglyphs wrote:I think this discussion warrants its own topic category i.e. marketing and distribution of newly published hand reading books.... or maybe specifically of GGG Smile
Yes all my instincts tell me to self-publish outside of SA, just the same way I self-published here in SA..... its the how-to (without moolah to pay) that has me in the doldrums! But I'm working at it, in my baby step style, and in time will be vending from Amazon, somehow!
So very kind of you to forward me your friend's Amazon link info and comments.
My gratitude for your input and interest Smile

Hi Jennifer,

In general, the publication of a book in the field of hand reading is usually not a 'money making' activity. Because even some of the top 10 best-selling books at Amazon do not appear to generate much more than a few hundreds of copies per year - including many cheap 2nd hand books I presume.

Less popular books are likely to generate not much more than a few dozens of sales per year. At first sight if may look like self-publishing a book will probably generate a much higher fee per sold copy, however, chances for making it a best-seller are very small.

As you know, self-publishing a book requires a lot more time & efforts in order to sell a single copy... I dare to question whether the money-aspect will turn out to be the right factor regarding the choice of how to publish a book.

'Too niche' sounds to me that at this moment (in times of crisis) the publishers do not believe that for the field of hand reading there is an established money-making market available. For them it probably depends too much on the profiling capabilities of the author - in terms of getting publicity, social events, etc.

The field of hand reading is unlikely to become 'mainstream'. Even those who established a huge network with dozens of people involved (Richard Unger, Arnold Holtzman, Ghanshyam SIngh Birla), have not managed to make a serious step ahead in this perspective - probably because hand reading is sort of a one-on-one business.

Therefore it probably requires lot's of networking to get books distributed (internationally AND locally). However, beyond the aspect of money... in terms of selling a higher number of copies it could make a huge difference if in time you are able to get a publisher inside your network. Because with a publisher in your network, instead of spending time on administration, marketing & distribution... you would probably have much more time & energy to actually bring your books to the people by doing promotions organized by the publisher - which could also generate more requests for a reading or your course, etc.

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

http://www.handresearch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Martijn (admin) wrote:
Therefore it probably requires lot's of networking to get books distributed (internationally AND locally). However, beyond the aspect of money... in terms of selling a higher number of copies it could make a huge difference if in time you are able to get a publisher inside your network. Because with a publisher in your network, instead of spending time on administration, marketing & distribution... you would probably have much more time & energy to actually bring your books to the people by doing promotions organized by the publisher - which could also generate more requests for a reading or your course, etc.[/color]

wave

Hi Martijn,
What do you mean by a publisher "inside your network"?
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Patti wrote:
Martijn (admin) wrote:
Therefore it probably requires lot's of networking to get books distributed (internationally AND locally). However, beyond the aspect of money... in terms of selling a higher number of copies it could make a huge difference if in time you are able to get a publisher inside your network. Because with a publisher in your network, instead of spending time on administration, marketing & distribution... you would probably have much more time & energy to actually bring your books to the people by doing promotions organized by the publisher - which could also generate more requests for a reading or your course, etc.[/color]

wave

Hi Martijn,
What do you mean by a publisher "inside your network"?

Hi Patti,

I only meant to say that as soon as an author finds a publisher willing to publish his book, the publisher becomes included in the author's network... but the author also becomes involved in the publisher's network (which is usually much larger than the author's network).

And since publishers are usually the experts regarding issues related to publishing... one should not underestimate the opportunities that a publisher can generate (in terms of networking via the publisher's network, but also regarding finding new ways to get a book sold, etc.).

Makes sense now?

wave
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  godgivenglyphs Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Well Martijn you have offered the perfect answer to the question I have been asking - and even today went hunting online for figures. So thank you so very much!

That's just it, how many books actually do sell in our genre, all very well to be a 'top 10 ranked' but what is the quantum?

So thanks for the great input! Very intelligent, generous down to earth truth of the matter that is just great to read and so important that I understand. I am touched, enjoying sharing my reply.

I say all the more reason for a forward thinking publisher to see a gap and to champion the global cause for the craft of hand reading. Surely trends reveal a slow, steady, growing interest in and awareness of chirology? Certainly here in SA anyway.

As you say, to have a publisher would be first prize for me. I can't do it alone anymore. Publishing in Cape Town is its own brand of jungle. Publishing elsewhere in the world so as to vend off Amazon I need friends, backup, a network Smile and yes I do prefer to show up to offer talks or workshops than to organise everything as well Smile
Thanks!
godgivenglyphs
godgivenglyphs

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi Jennifer,

Very nice to see that my ideas became useful for you to understand why you are where you are right now.

Thanks!
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zaobhand Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Going through a publisher may be the way to go. However there are issues to consider. For example, I believe Christopher mentioned on the forum that Johnny had to compromise on a lot of content due to publisher's editing, for the sake of what they consider popularity.
zaobhand
zaobhand

Back to top Go down

Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Empty Digital publishing

Post  Lori Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi Jennifer
Have you considered offering your GGG as an ebook with iTunes (iBooks) or Amazon (Kindle).
Whether it is ibooks or Kindle, someone who purchases your book cannot distribute it through the internet, so you don't have to worry about one person purchasing it and distributing it for free.
http://www.apple.com/ibooks-author/
https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin
Reading a book on an iPad is much easier than carrying a book and is the way books are going. Lots to consider scratch
Lori

Lori

Back to top Go down

Post  godgivenglyphs Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks!
godgivenglyphs
godgivenglyphs

Back to top Go down

Post  godgivenglyphs Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:52 pm

thanks Lori!
I appreciate the links and your input Smile
ebook might be a way to go, as yet I dont know if the graphic intensive nature of the file can convert securely. From my enquiries so far I can't convert to kindle ... kindle apparently require word programs... my designer says the entire book would need re-designing to effect a conversion from its original Adobe Acrobat Professional pdf format. All the fonts would have to change as they don't use the same fonts as in GGG.

flower
godgivenglyphs
godgivenglyphs

Back to top Go down

Post  Martijn (admin) Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Nice to see that Ed's book has found it's way into the TOP 25 of the TOP 100 books:
http://www.handresearch.com/book/palmistry-top-100-amazon-books-21-30.htm

Ed Campbell's new book: 'Fingerprints and Behavior' (2012) - Page 3 Safe_image.php?d=AQBZFALiNjA3v73P&w=155&h=114&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.futurepointindia.com%2Fimages%2Fbooks%2Fpalmistbook
Martijn (admin)
Martijn (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Patti Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:09 pm

wave

Those of you that are not following Ed Campbell on Facebook may be unaware that he is going through an extreme hardship this winter after losing an important court case late last year along with slow sales of his books.

He's fighting an eviction and seeking a new place to live currently. If any of you are so inclined and may be even have freely benefited over the years from his detailed website on dermatoglyphics and would like to offer a hand back to a fellow palm reader here is a link to do so:

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/aPhwc

Thanks!
Patti
Patti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3